UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, safety.
How can you make a difference?
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
Facilitating the processing of contracts for consultants, vendors and external partners that support the office in programme delivery. This includes preparing and filing documents, completing necessary forms and templates, uploading TOR’s in VISION, and making necessary logistical arrangements. Keeps vendor lists, partners, and consultant rosters up-to-date.
Collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and thereafter processing in VISION and Mycase.
Preparing and maintaining records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation and financial expenditures.
- Supporting the management of administrative supplies and office equipment.
- Maintaining office calendar and arranging meetings. Taking minutes of meetings and keeping the correspondence of the team well organized.
Providing travel assistance to staff members in both sections for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaising with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Preparing and maintaining records pertaining to programme planning and development for his/her respective section.
- Carrying out transactions in VISION ensuring Programme and Communications results, activities and programme coding are as per annual work plans (AWPs), and makes amendments and alterations as per section revisions when necessary.
- Supporting capacity development activities, meetings and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts; arranging times through liaising with participants over availability; liaising with budget focal points and section over costs and needs; and preparing background materials for participants.
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
Minimum required qualifications:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the work of the organization.
- A minimum of five years of progressively responsible administrative work experience is required
- Fluency in Romanian and English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language is considered as an asset
- Strong organizational, planning and prioritizing skills and abilities.
- High sense of confidentiality, initiative and good judgment.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint
- Strong office management skills.
Additional desired qualifications:
- Training or courses in project management or financing/accounting.
- Experience in supporting financial functions/aspects of project/projects/programmes.
- Experience in ERP systems such as SAP is highly desirable.
For every Child, you demonstrate…
UNICEF’s core values of Commitment, Diversity and Integrity and core competencies in Communication, Working with People and Drive for Results.
The competencies required for this post are:
- Working with people
- Drive for results
- Learning & researching
- Planning and organizing
- Following instructions and procedures
View our competency framework at
Deadline for applications: 27 February 2019
The application must include:
1. an updated CV focused on the skills and experience requested by the current consultancy;
2. a financial offer as per attached template( Financial template.docx), specifying the requested gross daily fee in RON, taking into consideration that the consultant will be responsible for paying all his/her due income taxes as per Romanian fiscal legislation. Applications which do not include the financial offer will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
Mobility is a condition of international professional employment with UNICEF and an underlying premise of the international civil service.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
Opening Date Fri Feb 15 2019 09:00:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time) GTB Standard Time
Closing Date Wed Feb 27 2019 23:55:00 GMT+0200 (Eastern European Standard Time)